Orthopedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Specialist
Sometimes it takes one to know one. Such is the case with Arash Ali Dini, M.D., an avid speedskater, and tennis player, and Crossfit aficionado, who knows firsthand the stresses and strains that take their toll on the human body. Pursuing a path in orthopaedic surgery seemed obvious.
Following his undergraduate degree from the University of Southern California in 2005, Dr. Dini attended medical school at Tulane University in New Orleans, graduating in May 2009. His orthopaedic surgery internship and subsequent orthopaedic surgery residency followed at the Tulane University School of Medicine, completing that in 2014.
For his final year fellowship, Dr. Dini returned to his home, attending the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, completing his fellowship in orthopaedic sports medicine and arthroscopy in 2015.
Opening his orthopaedic practice in Los Angeles was a natural. Dr. Dini was born and raised in L.A., and he believes the area’s combination of the Pacific Ocean to the west and the San Gabriel Mountains to the east, coupled with Southern California’s endless year-round options for staying active make this the perfect place to help people recover from injury and get back to doing what they love. He has devoted his education and practice to the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and rehabilitation of injuries, disorders, and diseases or the body’s musculoskeletal system and has extensive experience through his own pursuits and through various teams.
When studying and training in New Orleans, Dr. Dini served as team physician for many teams in the area: the Tulane University basketball, football, and baseball teams; Loyola University in New Orleans teams; several New Orleans high school football teams; even the Louisiana State Football and Wrestling Championships. When he returned to Southern California, he continued helping high school teams as team physician for Crespi Carmelite High School and Los Angeles Valley College teams. Currently, he also offers volunteer physician coverage for Crossfit athletes in L.A. and as consultant volunteer physician at Crossfit Ganbatte in North Hollywood.
While Dr. Dini has seen the need for orthopaedics with hundreds of high school and collegiate athletes, he believes everyone is an athlete of sorts. Whether walking for exercise or rollerblading for fun, whether playing team sports or simply trying to stay fit, Dr. Dini loves helping his patients keep doing the activities they love.
He is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, and he holds state medical licenses in both California and Louisiana. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the American Society of Sports Medicine.
Dr. Dini comes from an orthopedic and medical background. His father is also an orthopaedic surgeon in Los Angeles, while his mother is a family medicine practitioner. His wife is a pediatric gastroenterologist and hepatology specialist.
When it came time to decide between joining a large facility or opening a private practice, the choice was an easy one. Dr. Dini believes the lack of an overriding bureaucracy allows him to provide the care his patients need on his terms without outside influence. This allows him to follow his own principles and guidelines, which he believes allows him to provide better, more focused care.
Dr. Dini has been published in the International Journal of Shoulder Surgery, The American Surgeon, and Medicina Fluminensis. He has written chapters for various orthopaedic surgery books: Disorders of the Proximal Biceps Tendon, Elite Techniques in Shoulder Arthroscopy: New Frontiers in Shoulder Preservation, and Chapman’s Comprehensive Orthopaedic Surgery, Fourth Edition.
He has presented at 12 conferences in locations from Canada to Louisiana, Denver, and San Diego.
He also was Associate Master Instructor of Arthroscopy for the Emerging Treatment and Controversies in Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy and Reconstruction Course at the Orthopaedic Learning Center in Chicago, Illinois in October 2016.
These Are The Sports Teams Dr. Dini Has Provided Orthopaedic Care For:
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Recovery School District, New Orleans (annual school physicals for 800+ student-athletes)
- Louisiana State Football Championships
- Louisiana State Wrestling Championships
- John McDonough High School football team, New Orleans
- Warren Easton High School football team, New Orleans
- Edna Karr High School football team, New Orleans
- New Orleans Voodoo Arena football team, New Orleans
- Loyola University volleyball team, New Orleans
- Loyola University basketball team, New Orleans
- Crespi Carmelite High School football team, Encino, California
- Los Angeles Valley College, Sherman Oaks, California
Stephen White: A Dedicated Physician Assistant
Early Life and Education
Stephen White was raised in Warwick, Rhode Island. From an early age, he developed a strong interest in the medical field and a passion for helping others. He embarked on his educational journey at the University of Rhode Island, earning a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a specialization in Kinesiology-Exercise Science and a minor in Biology in 2007. While at the university, Stephen played NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Football and was awarded the Rhode Island Crusade Scholarship.
During his time at the University of Rhode Island, Stephen gained practical experience in the Interventional Radiology Unit as a Physician Assistant Intern at Miram Hospital in Providence, RI. He also became a member of the American College of Sports Medicine Society.
Stephen continued his education at Howard University in Washington, DC, where he obtained his Physician Assistant (P.A.) degree in 2013. At Howard, he was recognized for his academic excellence, earning memberships in the Epsilon Tau Sigma National Honor Society of Allied Health, the CPNAHS National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and the Golden Key International Honour Society.
After completing his P.A. degree, Stephen gained invaluable experience during his Orthopaedic Rotation at E. Anthony Rankin Orthopaedics, working under the former AAOS President. Here, he served as the First Assist in OR procedures, performed intraarticular injections, and assisted in the creation and removal of splints and casts.
In pursuit of further education, Stephen enrolled in the online MPAS Bridge Program at the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, obtaining his Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) in 2017.
In 2017, Stephen was named the Top Healthcare Provider of Newport Beach by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals (IAHCP). He is also an active member of the Physicians Assistants of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Stephen White has extensive experience as an Orthopedic Physician Assistant. His professional journey includes positions at the following institutions:
- Beach Cities Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Manhattan Beach, CA (2020-2022): As an Orthopedic Physician Assistant, Stephen managed the clinic independently, seeing 10-15 patients daily. He administered joint and tendon injections, applied braces, splints, and casts, and ordered diagnostic studies at his He also gained experience working with occupational medicine patients and managing postoperative care. Stephen used Athena and ECW EMR systems during his time at this institution.
- California Orthopedic & Microsurgery Institute, Los Angeles, CA (2018-2020): Stephen served as an Orthopedic Physician Assistant, independently managing a clinic and seeing 25-30 patients daily. He administered joint injections, ordered diagnostic studies, and worked with occupational medicine Stephen also supervised Urgent Care and treated patients at A&C Urgent Care associated with COMSI. He managed postoperative hospital patients and used the PCM EMR system.
- Newport Orthopedic Institute, Newport Beach, CA (2017): As an Orthopedic Physician Assistant, Stephen assisted in Orthopaedic Total Knee Joint surgeries and managed patients on the Orthopaedic He also received Ultrasound-trained diagnostics and injections CME certification in November 2017.
- Washington Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Washington, C. (2016-2017): Stephen worked as an Orthopaedic Surgical Physician Assistant, working alongside the physicians of the Washington Capitals, Georgetown Athletics, and formerly Washington Wizards.
Stephen is passionate about giving back to his community. He currently resides and works in Los Angeles,
California. In the past, he has served as a Career Day Mentor at St. Raphael's School and ASLA and guest-taught the Orthopedics and casting class at Charles Drew University for a couple of years before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stephen shares his love for sports by coaching basketball and football. He has been inducted into the Coaches Hall of Fame at Koa Sports in Rockville, MD. As an Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America, Stephen continues to demonstrate his commitment to service and leadership.
Excellence In Patient Satisfaction
"Dr. Dini has been my doctor for the last few years and he has made a tremendous impact in my health. Not only does he truly care about my needs as a patient but he works hard to ensure I receive the best treatment and care. He is absolutely wonderful and has the best office and team. I can't imagine ever going to another orthopedic doctor because no one could possibly compare. I recommend him to all of my friends and family and highly suggest this doctor over any other in LA. Thank you Dr. Dini for all that you do!"