Born and raised in Los Angeles, Arash A. Dini, MD grew up making the most of the year-round outdoor sports activities in Southern California. Today, he’s still an avid sportsman and knows firsthand how vital it is for athletes of all levels to have expert orthopedic care.
As a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, he opened his eponymous orthopedic practice in Encino and the Mid-Wilshire areas of Los Angeles to provide attentive, focused care to help people recover from injury and get back to the activities they love, quickly and safely. He uses traditional orthopedic medicine as well as innovative emerging techniques such as platelet-rich plasma injections and stem cell therapy to address issues affecting the knees, hips, and shoulders as well as a comprehensive range of sports injuries.
After finishing his undergraduate degree at the University of Southern California, Dr. Dini earned his medical degree at Tulane University in New Orleans. He served both his orthopedic surgery internship and his residency at the Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr. Dini continued his education with rigorous fellowship training at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, where he focused on sports medicine and arthroscopy. He’s currently a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the American Society of Sports Medicine.
While living and studying in New Orleans, Dr. Dini served as team physician for many high school and college sports teams, including football, basketball, and baseball, and also for the Louisiana State Football and Wrestling Championships. When he returned to Southern California, he continued to serve high school athletes and currently volunteers medical care for Los Angeles-based CrossFit athletes.
Dr. Dini has been published extensively in outlets including the International Journal of Shoulder Surgery, The American Surgeon, and several orthopedic surgery books. He also frequently presents at conferences across North America.
These are the sports teams Dr. Dini has provided orthopedic care for:
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Recovery School District, New Orleans (annual school physicals for 800+ student-athletes)
- Louisiana State Football Championships
- Louisiana State Wrestling Championships
- John McDonough High School football team, New Orleans
- Warren Easton High School football team, New Orleans
- Edna Karr High School football team, New Orleans
- New Orleans Voodoo Arena football team, New Orleans
- Loyola University volleyball team, New Orleans
- Loyola University basketball team, New Orleans
- Crespi Carmelite High School football team, Encino, California
- Los Angeles Valley College, Sherman Oaks, California